The Colonists New Earth The Colonists New Earth

It's a nice start, the music you choose feels a little cliche, but it's a trailer. There's not much to say besides keep working at it.

For the crappy audio you can fix it by going to "publish settings" and then changing the codec to the codec of your choice, if you already have crappy audio going in then just click the raw version along with the "convert stereo into mono" checked off. I'm not sure about the images, but a vcam might help you out a lot (link below to get one). Hope that helped.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3369

Goeliath responds:

thank you for the help man, just tested it out, sounds so much better

Delightful Kaleidoscope Delightful Kaleidoscope

Nice kalaidoscope

I liked it though it would be better to submit it as a .gif to the art forum. But other than that I liked it.

Coaster Testers (Ep 1) Coaster Testers (Ep 1)

Nice idea but needs a bit more polishing

First of you have to go get voice actors if you want to make it better, also the sound sounds looped, the preloader stops and makes you have to right click and press play so thats also a flaw. But overall pretty good.

AllBlue responds:

the preloader doesnt though, its a newgrounds one =/ but the comment you gave is true, and the next episodes are going to have plots and actors voicing characters

Portal Panic Portal Panic

This game felt very rushed. The character models really weren't that fun to look at, enemies included, and the characters themselves felt unbalanced. Tankman, for example, is immediately rendered useless once you acquire Pico, whose rapid fire attacks can easily dispatch enemies that originally required two annoying slow shotgun blasts from Tankman. Now, if this were served as a means of progressing that player that would be fine, but you're expected to actually continue using him even though he comes off as the weakest character. You could have easily made Tankmen's blast dispatch enemies in one hit which would not only serve as making him a viable character option for later in the game, but would also ease in new players by having a character that doesn't take a lot of finesse to use. The fact that you also don't show any sign that you're doing damage to enemies is another thing that really annoyed me, especially during the last boss. Probably the most infuriating thing about this game is your inability to aim up or down, I'm trying not to be too harsh here, but really I don't think this game was all that good. Maybe if you all playtested it more then you could have seen the flaws in your game easier.

Elephant Quest Elephant Quest

Great game, some flaws.

Jmptb02 I love all of your elephant game. They had a simple design, good execution, and an adorable main character, but what might have been an amazing game was held back by the UI. You start of the game with no clue what to do until you are told your abilities by the other elephant's, great job, but for the most confusing part of the game you are told only through text based menus on how to start.

Figuring out how to work the ingenious leveling system isn't a fun task, but a pain. What may have worked would be a zoom in on the beginning at the start and then reveal the rest once the player is told how it all works, instead of them staring in awe at the giant maze before them.

The UI is really nice looking, but it distracts the player from the action. When you are shooting down several enemies in a crowded space and you have to look away from the action to see your health that time spent looking away could mean certain doom. It also crowds the screen at times when the little speech bubble like thing appears on the enemies, you should have kept it only with the elephant's and display the information overhead of the enemies.

(Other then that it is amazing.)

NG Chat NG Chat

Pretty funny

It was a good joke and a great teaching lesson for those stupid enough to actually put their real username and password on. I typed "doyouthink" for username, and "imthatstupid" for password and logged in on it to see the message at the end.

Hybrid III Hybrid III

AERIS THEEM FRUM FFSEVUNN LOL

First off I would like to say HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE EMBODIMENT OF WHAT AWESOME IS PROCESSED INTO MUSIC FORM.

Now that that's out of the way I can review this properly. I really like just everything about it and its hard to find fault in something so perfect, but maybe next time you could have a wider range of instruments? I know its meant to be a metal version of old school game music but I think it might sound better with more instruments.

Hybrid 4:

Guiles theme from street fighter
Duck tales- the moon

The Metaphoric Art Forum The Metaphoric Art Forum

interesting story voices need work

If you have written this story then I say a thumbs up as it is very inventive. But the voices need a bit of work, try a little bit more VA practice, your english accent isn't that well done but you have good emotions to it. I also would like to say a well done choice of music to fit the storytelling mood.

bigjonny13 responds:

It wasn't an English accent, it was just more of a posh, upper-class voice :P
The story was actually written by SirNightOwl. Glad you like the background music.

She_Remix [Box-Killa] She_Remix [Box-Killa]

Very nice overall sometimes lacking in parts

The whole thing had a pleasing to the ears tone to it no parts of this should be taken apart it fits all to well. The tune makes you tap your foot to it but in some parts it could have a stronger kick to it too, the whole thing was expertly made but seems that it's to song like to be in game's or movies, and to game like to be a actual song. Great overall tune thats highly polished but could always have a bit more.

Mag Hank Mag Hank

A lot different

It's a lot different than your other art the colors seem almost dyed in purple around the edges. It's a messy piece yet a sort of controlled chaos that you incorporate into to most of your artwork, your experience and talent makes all your art no matter how strange appear great. Overall it's more simple than your other work and could use a bit more detail.

MindChamber responds:

thanks for the review, and I agree it could definitely use loads more detail

Stranger Stranger

R.I.P oddworld

Your pixel art has made me miss the oddworld games. While I don't agree with the color scheme (I don't know why it seems to hard on the eyes.) You have sparked a deep sadness for the oddworld inhabitants company that never made a game after stranger's wrath.

Chinese Ink Storm Chinese Ink Storm

Amazing

I love this work of art. The way the blotches of ink look like clouds and the more solid shapes in front of them. I also like the way that the paper looks like it suffered from water damage. Which adds to the whole "cloudy day" element.

AndieCiambotti responds: